If you are receiving errors in your mail client:
- If your mail client shows an error when you try to receive mail, this is likely due to misconfigured incoming server settings in your mail client. Head on over to our Email Server Settings page and make sure that the incoming server settings in your mail client match up with what shows for IMAP or POP, depending on which configuration you’re using.
- If you still receive errors when trying to receive mail and you’re sure that your incoming server settings are correct, then it’s possible that an antivirus, firewall, or other security software is blocking emails from coming in. Try disabling any security software that might be running on your computer, then restart your email client and try again. If you find that you are able to receive mail with the security software turned off, then we recommend configuring the software so that it doesn’t interfere with your email client, or so that it doesn’t interfere with the incoming server address you are using (Note: there are very many different forms of security software, so we are unable to assist with this).
If you do not receive any errors in your mail client, but aren't receiving mail as you normally would:
- If you aren’t receiving an error in your mail client but aren’t receiving mail when you would normally expect emails to be coming in, then it’s possible that your webmail inbox is full on our end, which would prevent new emails from being delivered to you. Head on over to the Texas.net Webmail Login page and sign in with your username and password.
- Once logged in, take a look at the bottom left and you’ll see the storage space calculator. If this is at 100%, then you’ll need to delete some emails to make room on the server for new ones to come in. We recommend focusing on emails with larger attachments, since those will take up the most space.
- Any emails that you see in the Texas.net webmail should be receivable by your email client.
If you need any further assistance, please contact our 24/7 Customer Success Team, who would be glad to assist.